Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Ulster

28 September 2009

1819 – Church of Ireland, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Built in 1819, the church replaced an earlier parish church in Church Street. The church contains a memorial to Charles Coote Esq. who died in 1842.

28 September 2009

1820 – Church of Ireland, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: John Bowden One of the larger Board of First Fruits churches due to the town’s status as a garrison town, the Church of Ireland has a fine galleried interior. Full, it can...

02 January 2013

1820 – Rathmullan House, Co. Donegal

Built in 1820 as a summer house for the family of Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Knox, Rathmullan House is now a small country house hotel.

14 October 2012

1820 – Tynan Abbey, Co. Armagh

Architect: John Nash Designed by John Nash who had a cluster of work in the area including Caledon House in Co. Tyrone, and some lodges at Castle Leslie in Co. Monaghan, both very...

28 September 2009

1820s – Granary, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Good quality ashlar faced former Granary building now in use as community rooms for a local religious group.

25 September 2009

1822 – Courthouse, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: William Farrell Originally built around 1785, the courthouse was largely rebuilt in 1820-21 by William Farrell. The prominent and rather heavy Doric porch was added at this time. Unlike many other Irish...

26 March 2012

1823 – First Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: Jessie Gibson Jessie Gibson was employed as surveyor by three City of London companies, the Saddlers’, the Drapers’ and the Vintners’. It was as surveyor to the Draper’s Company, a post which...

23 March 2012

1823 – Ormeau House, Co. Down

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison A long rambling Tudor mansion designed for the 2nd Marquess of Donegall on the then outskirts of Belfast, who was in exile from his creditors in England. Originally a...

06 February 2013

1824 – Old Town Chapel, Park Street, Monaghan

Replaced by William Hague’s church, which was constructed alongside, this simple church with gothic windows to the street was demolished in teh early 20th century.