Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Tyrone

13 December 2012

1765c – Stuart Hall, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Stuart Hall was built in the 1760s for Baron Stuart, later Viscount Castle Stuart. It was originally a three-storey Georgian house, joined to an old tower-house by a 19th century Gothic wing. More...

30 November 2011

1781 – Baronscourt, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Soane, Richard Morrison, William Vitruvius Morrison Originally built as a 5-bay, 3-storey house for James Hamilton, 8th Earl of Abercorn in 1781 by George Steuart. Remodelled a couple of years later...

29 June 2010

1786 – Campbell House, Plumbridge, Co. Tyrone

Aghalane House or more commonly known at the Campbell House was built by by Hugh Campbell in 1786 near Plumbridge, County Tyrone. Above the doorway he placed two stone plaques, one bearing his...

01 April 2014

1790c – Drumcairne, Stewartstown, Co. Tyrone

A fine late Georgian house, used by the Earl of Charlemont as his home after Roxborough Castle was burnt in 1922.

28 November 2012

1803 – Killymoon Castle, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Killymoon Castle is one of John Nash’s earliest castles, built ca 1803 for William Stewart MP, incorporating part of the previous house which was burnt ca 1800. Built on a...

13 November 2012

1807 – Lissan Rectory, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Picturesque Italianate villa, for Rev. John Molesworth Staples (nephew, by marriage, of James Staples of Killymoon Castle, also designed by Nash. Later additions included the balcony, and the removal of...

29 June 2010

1810 – Mellon Homestead, Omagh, Co. Tyrone

The centre piece of the Ulster-American Folk Park is the Mellon Homestead which is still on its original site. A traditional thatched cottage in the Ulster vernacular with a cluster of small outbuildings...

29 June 2010

1811 – Caledon House, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash The estate was bought from the seventh Earl of Cork for £94,400 by James Alexander (later first Earl of Caledon) in 1776. Between 1806 and 1811 the first Earl of...

10 April 2013

1812 – Garvey House, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Francis Johnston A large three-storey, seven-bay house, for local MP, Nathaniel Montgomery Moore. The house was named after his mother’s maiden name. Ultimately the cost was said to have been £70,000, which...

Pages:1234Next »