Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Unbuilt Ireland

06 May 2014

1881 – Donore Presbyterian Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling Presbyterian church and manse constructed for a congregation of around 500. Originally constructed for a congregation of Presbyterians who were based next to the Guinness Brewery and accepted a buy-out...

13 March 2014

1881 – Nos. 19-23 Donegall Street, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Mackinnon & Dickson Four storey stucco building, a speculative development, only part of which was constructed. The portion to the left, above, is the site of No.23 Donegall Street, itself a fine...

11 April 2014

1881 – St. Andrew’s Parochial Schools, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry “These schools are proposed to be erected at the rere of St. Andrew’s Church, St. Andrew-street. Accommodation is provided for 200 children, with master’s residence and board-room, also the several...

09 December 2011

1882 – Proposal for Belfast Central Library

Architect: Maxwell & Tuke Second placed design in architecture competition to design new Central Library for Belfast. The winning design was by W.H. Lynn, and his building was completed in 1888.

26 October 2012

1882 – Proposal for Belfast Central Library

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Unsuccessful entry in 1882 competition to design a new central library for Belfast. The competition was won by W.H. Lynn. Published in The Builder, February 16 1884.

27 August 2012

1883 – Design for National Museum, Dublin

An unexecuted design after an architectural competition to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House (then part of the Royal Dublin Society). This proposal included a columned screen along Kildare...

28 February 2014

1883 – Design for Post Office, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: W.I. Chambers A design for Nos. 75-76 Clanbrassil Street in Dundalk. Published in The Irish Builder, December 15 1883.

07 March 2014

1883 – Design for Roscommon Courthouse

Architect: William Kaye-Parry & H.A. Cheers Design submitted for new court house after the previous building was damaged by fire. A joint submission by William Kaye-Parry with English architect Henry A. Cheers, but...

13 March 2014

1883 – Design for the Ulster Reform Club, Belfast

Architect: John J. McDonnell Unsuccessful competition entry to design a building on Royal Avenue for the Ulster Reform Club. The competition was won by Maxwell & Tuke, and their fine building is still...