Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of the Isle of Man

25 June 2010

1862 – St. Olave’s Church, Ramsey, Isle of Man

Architect: M.P. Manning “Alonq the numerous churches and chapels dotted over the Isle of Man, but very few can lay any claim to architectural beauty or merit; from these few works this week...

30 March 2011

1876 – St Brendan’s Church, Kirk Braddan, Isle of Man

Architect: John L. Pearson Designed by John Loughborough Pearson in the Early English style, it is built in local pale-red clay brick, with windows, pillars in York stone, and faced outside in local...

08 June 2009

1879 – Intended Restoration, St. German’s Cathedral, Isle of Man

Architect: Robert Rowand Anderson Views of intended restoration from the S.W & S.E. with interior view as published in The Building News, July 4th 1879. Never completed, as it was decided to construct...

05 May 2010

1888 – Nobles Hospital & Dispensary, Isle of Man

Architects: Bleakley & Cubbon Noble’s Isle of Man Hospital and Dispensary opened in 1888. It was provided by the munificence of the town’s benefactor, Henry Bloom Noble. Published in The Building News, July...

11 June 2012

1894 – Ivydene, Little Switzerland, Douglas, Isle of Man

Architect: M. Baillie Scott House built in the area known as Little Switzerland. Perspective View including plan published in The Building News, March 9th 1894. Baillie Scott is famous for his architecture, interior...

28 March 2014

1899 – Isle of Man Banking Company, Douglas

Architect: Alexander Marshall Mackenzie The Isle of Man Bank was formed in 1865, and was acquired by National Provincial Bank in 1961, now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland. This fine bank...

08 June 2009

1910 – Church of St. Ninian, Douglas, Isle of Man

Architect: W.D. Caroe