Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

30 September 2014

1831 – Presbyterian Church, Bangor, Co. Down

Situated on Main Street in Bangor, the First Presbyterian Church is a fine church building constructed in stages. The main body of the church was constructed in 1831 with the tower and steeple...

29 September 2014

1865 – Redburn House, Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Redburn House was designed by the architects Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon and built for Robert Grimshaw Dunville and his wife Jeannie in 1865. The Dunvilles were wealthy landowners...

29 September 2014

1830s – Sion House, Navan, Co. Meath

Sion House was one of the residences of the Dunville family and it was used by them as a base for their pursuit of hunting. It was bought in the late 1870s by...

29 September 2014

1913 – Second Placed Entry for City Hall, Winnipeg

Architect: Woodman & Carey In early 1913, a committee of Winnipeg’s City Planning Commission recommended that a new civic centre be built, and a contest for a design for a new city hall...

29 September 2014

1913 – Competition Design for City Hall, Winnipeg

Architect: Brown & Vallance In early 1913, a committee of Winnipeg’s City Planning Commission recommended that a new civic centre be built, and a contest for a design for a new city hall...

26 September 2014

1818 – Former Prison, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Designed to hold 200 inmates in a polygon-shaped building, with six-bay two-storey facets and six-bay three-storey terminal block to south. The Governor’s residence situated in the centre of the prison. Construction of the...

23 September 2014

1630s – Inchmore Castle, Co. Kilkenny

“This highly picturesque ruin is situated on the Nore, about four miles from Kilkenny, and derives its name, Inchmore, or the Great Island, from being nearly insulated by that beautiful river. It consists...

23 September 2014

1802 – Markree Castle, Co. Sligo

Architect: Francis Johnston The castle, as we see it today, dates from 1802 with exterior changes by the architect Francis Johnston and with some changes made, mainly to the interior, in 1896. Semi-derelict...

22 September 2014

1807 – St Andrews Church, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston “The church, situated in St. Andrew’s-street, opposite Church-lane, was commenced in 1793, and completed in 1807, at an expense of £22,000. It is of elliptical form, 80 feet by 60,...