Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

29 September 2009

2008 – County Library, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Keith Williams Architects Opened in June 2008, the new County Library for Monaghan is intended to be a part of the regeneration of the town,. The new library was designed by Keith...

29 September 2009

2002 – Largy College, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Anthony Reddy Associates Modern secondary school with a rather more striking appearance than is usually normal with projects where budgets are king. Produced as part of a Public/Private Partnership Bundled Schools Initiative,...

29 September 2009

1926 – Former Great Northern Railway Engine Shed, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: F.A. Champion Legend has it, that a member of the local Madden family who were major shareholders in the Great Northern Railway visited Milan. While there, he visited a new railway engine...

29 September 2009

1874 – Hilton Park, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Hague Originally known as Maddenton, Hilton Park was redesigned by William Hague (primarily a catholic church architect) in 1874. Originally it may have been rebuilt after a fire in 1804 by...

29 September 2009

1835 – Hilton Park Dovecote, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James Jones An interesting feature of the Hilton estate is the vast tower over a gateway into the farm yard to the rear of the house. This dovecote with its medieval appearance...

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland The fine Church of Ireland in the Diamond in Clones dominates the town and area, as it can be seen for several miles as you approach the town. It is...

29 September 2009

1844 – Former Library, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Deane Butler A fine symmetrical building by William Deane Butler. It was originally built as a market house and the ground floor is arcaded, although the openings have now been filled...

29 September 2009

1781 – Anketell’s Grove, Emyvale, Co. Monaghan

The third Anketell’s Grove (the other two being replaced by each subsequent house on different sites) was originally built in 1781. A five bayed house with curved sweeps to two small wings, the...

29 September 2009

1859 – Former Great Northern Railway Station, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Now disused and boarded up, this stone Railway Station still has its platforms intact. Some railways sheds on the property have been converted to other uses. The building like many of the larger...