Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

23 September 2009

1867 – Saint Patrick’s Church, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Originally designed by the Pain brothers in 1836, the interior is Gothick in style with later fittings by S.F. Hynes. The exterior however is by E.W. Pugin and G.C....

23 September 2009

1867 – Convent of Mercy, Skibbereen, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This chapel, just erected by Mr. W. Murphy, Bantry, has been dedicated. It is in connection with the existing convent, which is situated on an elevation at eastern entrance...

23 September 2009

1869 – Ballyhooley Catholic Church, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin “This church, of which we give an illustration, is to be erected on a suitable site near Mallow, Co. Cork, for the Rev. Mr. Burton. The architects have been...

23 September 2009

1872 – Sacred Heart Church, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1866, opened in 1872, but the church was not finally completed until 1881 when the spire was finished. Built out of...

23 September 2009

1873 – Holy Trinity Church, Crosshaven, Co. Cork

Architect: William Burges Designed by William Burges after he had won the commission for St Finn Barre’s Cathedral in Cork, this little parish church was never completed. After the main body of the...

22 September 2009

1995 – Pembina State Museum, North Dakota

Architect: Yeater, Hennings, Ruff, Schutz, Rokke, Welch – Architects Planners Sited along the Interstate to the Canadian border, this small museum’s viewing tower is a landmark for miles. The observation tower is a...

22 September 2009

1973 – Bank of the West Tower, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Large open plan floors supported at either end by service cores allowing for large expansive glazing to the north and south facades.

22 September 2009

1962 – Pontoppidan Building, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Fine little modernist building with tapering concrete columns and canopy dominating the facade. Formerly the Chamber of Commerce building, until recently a daycare facility for a nearby church. Now reverted to offices.

22 September 2009

1965 – Commercial Building – 202 Broadway, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Braseth & Houkom A muscular design in precast concrete, this commercial building is out of place in downtown Fargo. However its detailing is excellent with a strong play of light and shade...