Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

22 June 2009

1910 – The Ismay Estate, Iwerne Minster, Dorset

Architect: J. Francis Doyle

22 June 2009

1910 – Pair of Cottages, Little Canford, Dorset

Architect: Harry Stuart Goodhart-Rendel

22 June 2009

1873 – St. Clement’s Church, Boscombe, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: John D. Sedding Original illustration of John Dando Sedding’s intentions for St. Clements. The main body of the church, was built to his design between 1871 and 1873. However, after Seddings death,...

22 June 2009

1873 – The Digby Mortuary Chapel, Sherbourne, Dorset

Architect: Slater & Carpenter Published in The Building News 1872. Architectural partnership formed between William Slater & Richard Herbert Carpenter in 1863 and continuing until Slater’s death in 1872. “…the West Door of...

22 June 2009

1873 – Church of St. John, Moordown, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: George Edmund Street Published in The Building News, August 29 1873: “One of our lithographic illustrations represents the church of S. John, Moordown, Bournemouth, which has recently been erected by funds raised...

22 June 2009

1892 – Church of St. Saviour, Newtown, Dorset

Architect: Romaine-Walker & Tanner

22 June 2009

1884 – ‘Gablehurst’, Branksome Park, Poole, Dorset

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield

22 June 2009

1905 – Thompson Memorial Library, Vassar College, Ploughkeepsie, New York

Architect: Allen & Collins When Vassar opened in 1865, the library was a mere single room in Main with a collection of only three thousand books. In 1893 Frederick Ferris Thompson, a Vassar...

22 June 2009

1876 – High Meadow, Claughton, Cheshire

Architect: G.E. Grayson Perspective View incuding plans published in The Building News, October 13th 1876.