Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

16 June 2009

1869 – United Presbyterian Church, Queens Park, Glasgow

Architect: A. & G. Thomson The United Presbyterian Church was designed by Alexander “Greek” Thomson, and destroyed in the Second World War when it was struck by a German incendiary bomb in March...

16 June 2009

1892 – Kelvingrove Museum Competition, Glasgow

Architect: Simpson & Allen Selected design in an architectural competition to design a museum and art gallery complex for Glasgow. The gallery was opened in 1901, as the Palace of Fine Arts for...

16 June 2009

1903 – Govanhill Library, Glasgow

Architect: James R. Rhind

16 June 2009

1901 – Design for Glasgow Royal Infirmary

Architect: A. Hessell Tiltman Design placed second in competition to design a new hospital for Glasgow.

16 June 2009

1899 – Pettigrew & Stephens Department Store, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Honeyman & Keppie Pettigrew & Stephens was a leading Glasgow department store that was founded in 1888 as Pettigrew & Stephens, later part of House of Fraser. The store sold a wide...

16 June 2009

1892 – Kelvingrove Museum Competition, Glasgow

Architect: Honeyman & Keppie As published in The Building News, June 17th 1892. Unsuccesful entry in competition won by Simpson & Allen.

16 June 2009

1883 – Design for Southern Hospital, Glasgow

Architect: John B. Wilson

16 June 2009

1880 – Club Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: Campbell Douglas & Sellars Perspective View published in The Building News, April 20th 1894. The “New Club” is one of James Sellars’ finest surviving buildings in Glasgow, and features sculpture by William...

16 June 2009

1901 – Royal Infirmary, Glasgow

Architect: H. Percy Adams Unbuilt entry in competition to design a new Royal Infirmary. A new building was eventually completed in 1914 to designs by James Miller. Published in The Building News, January...