Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

09 June 2009

1873 – Interior of Lady Chapel, St. Marys Cathedral, Edinburgh

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Unsuccesful design in competition to design new episcopalian cathedral for Edinburgh.

09 June 2009

1905 – Ayr District Asylum, Ayr

Architect: John B. Wilson

09 June 2009

1898 – The Red House, Ayr

Architect: J.A. Morris

08 June 2009

1894 – House in Ayrshire

Architect: John C. McKellar

08 June 2009

1905 – Proposed Pavilion, Low Green, Ayr

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood

08 June 2009

2000 – Botanic Gardens of Wales, Llanarthney, Carmarthen

Architect: Foster + Partners This spectacular dome is the largest single span glasshouse in the world, and was designed by Norman Foster and Partners. Poised on the Welsh landscape like a giant raindrop,...

08 June 2009

1826 – Menai Suspension Bridge, Anglesey, Wales

Architect: Thomas Telford Prior to the bridge’s completion in 1826 the island had no connection to the mainland and all movement to and from Anglesey was by ferry. However, the Act of Union...

08 June 2009

1846 – Britannia Bridge, Anglesey, Wales

Architect: Robert Stephenson The increasing popularity of rail travel necessitated a second bridge over the straits to provide a direct rail link between London and the port of Holyhead. The task of building...

08 June 2009

1906 – Alms Houses, The Hendre, Monmouth, Wales

Architect: Aston Webb