Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

02 May 2009

1960s – Social Welfare Offices, North Cumberland Street, Dublin

02 May 2009

1940s – Hendrons, Dominick St., Dublin

Former manufacturing plant, now artist studios and light commercial space.

01 May 2009

1857 – Thomas Moore Statue, College St., Dublin

Sculptor: Christopher Moore At the junction of College Street and Westmoreland Street, stranded on a traffic island with a disused public toilet is this statue to the Irish bard Thomas Moore. The sculptor...

27 April 2009

1891 – McKee Barracks, Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin

Architect: Major Robert Barklie RE Imposing and extravagant cavalry barracks, completed 1891. Plans prepared by Royal Engineers Dept, carried out under supervision of Robert Barklie, who was from Larne, Co. Antrim.

27 April 2009

1782 – Mulligans, Poolbeg Street, Dublin

Mulligan’s pub was founded in 1782 and retains much of its original character with its low ceiling and wooden bar. Due to its proximity to the former Irish Press offices, it was a...

23 April 2009

1846 – Irish Rail Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Inchicore Works is the headquarters for Mechanical Engineering and Rolling Stock maintenance in Irish Rail. Established in 1846, it is the largest engineering complex of its kind in Ireland with a site area...

16 April 2009

1891 – Loop Line Bridge, Dublin

Architect: John Chaloner Smith & William H. Mills Designed by John Chaloner Smith, engineer to the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway, the bridge consists of wrought iron lattice girders on a double row...

13 April 2009

1846 – Carlow Railway Station, Co. Carlow

Architect: Sir John MacNeill A good example of Jacobean Revival architecture, comprising a two storey central block and two single storey wings. Finished in yellow brick with granite features particularly in the window...

05 April 2009

1976 – New Technical College, Portadown, Co. Armagh

Architect: Shanks Leighton Kennedy Fitzgerald Constructed in the new planned town of Craigavon in the 1970s, this is a good example of the brutalist architecture of the period.