Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

01 March 2009

1842 – Central Infants Model School, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen Small classical pavilion built between the two more substantial buildings of the Department of Education – the former Tyrone House and its later duplicate. Destroyed by fire in 1982 and...

20 February 2009

1783 – Robert Adam’s designs for Castle Upton, Co. Antrim

Architect: Robert Adam Designs by Scottish neo-classical architect Robert Adam for a redevelopment of Castle Upton. Adam raised and machiolated the pair of round towers from the original castle and gave them high,...

08 February 2009

2002 – Fingal County Hall, Swords, Co. Dublin

Architect: Bucholz McEvoy Architects A new county hall for Fingal County Council in Swords. A symbol of the client’s desire for openness in local government, clear in it’s relationship to the particularities of...

19 July 2008

1818 – Custom House, Cork

Architect: William Hargrave The first known Custom House in Cork was built in 1724 in Emmet Place and is now part of the Crawford Art Gallery. In 1818 a new Custom House was...

19 July 2008

1973 – Merrion Hall, Sandymount, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates The Merrion Hall office building provided accommodation for Irish Shipping Limited, Coras Trachtala (The Irish Export Board) and The Irish Goods Council. The site, on Strand Road, Sandymount,...

19 July 2008

1930 – Kodak House, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Donnelly Moore & Keatinge Kodak House is one of two listed art Deco buildings in Dublin. Designed by Donnelly, Moore and Keatinge, completed in 1930, with later modifications by William Sedgewick Keatinge...

07 May 2008

19th C. – Former Schoolhouse, Cuckoo Lane, Dublin

Down a very narrow lane between Georges Hill and Halston Street, this commercial premises may started out as a schoolhouse before being used for sometime as a parish hall for St. Michan’s.

04 May 2008

1882 – Bachelor Inn, No.31 Bachelor’s Walk, Dublin

A fine old pub façade which still shows the location of the original corner entrance. This is now blocked up and converted to two windows but the original decorative corbells on the signage...

04 May 2008

1780s – Cambridge House, Arbour Hill, Dublin

The residence of a Royal Duke for a short time in the 19th century. This was the Duke of Cambridge, then Prince George of Cambridge, grandson of George III, and first cousin of...