Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

08 July 2007

1890 – Tropical Fruit Importers Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

The former Tropical Fruit Company warehouse is a fine warehouse from the 1890s, with two gables facing on the quays. It has two original keystones from Carlisle bridge which were too large for...

11 June 2007

1792 – Rutland Fountain, Merrion Square, Dublin

Architect: Francis Sandys Dating from 1792, the fountain is a commemoration of the Duke of Rutland, Charles Manners who commissioned the piece before his untimely death at the age of thirty-three. Originally water...

22 April 2007

1910 – Former Williams & Woods Warehouse, Kings Inns Street, Dublin

Architect: A large concrete frame warehouse with a overscaled cornice and rustication. Original signage on an angled corner facing down towards Parnell Street. Originally a warehouse for a sweet manufacturer, and recently used...

04 October 2003

2003 – Unbuilt Dublin – U2 Landmark Tower

Architect: Burdon Dunne Architects / Craig Henry Architects Our proposal for this site presents a dynamic twisted tower block, fully glazed with a double skinned surface and sheathed with anti-glare louvres to the...

15 October 2002

2001 – O’Donnell + Tuomey: Letterfrack Furniture College, County Galway

Text © Shane O’Toole. Drawings © O’Donnell + Tuomey. Photos of Letterfrack © Dennis Gilbert | VIEW Pictures. Model photos © Gerry Hayden. A composite version of pieces that first appeared in The...

06 December 1999

1997 – Smithfield Plaza Competition

Architect: McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects The winning design entry by McGarry NiEanaigh for the Smithfield Plaza competition. In 1997 Dublin Corporation sponsored an international design competition for the regeneration of the space at...

30 November 1999

1899 – Yeats Memorial Building, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Vincent Craig Originally designed as the Royal Bank by Vincent Craig, brother of the first Prime Minister of Northern Ireland, Lord Craigavon. After the formation of Allied Irish Bank, it was donated...