Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

17 May 2014

1901 – Stanfords, Long Acre, London

Architect: Read & MacDonald “These premises have just been erected for Mr. Edward Stanford from the design of Messrs. Read and MacDonald. The front is executed in Portland stone, the brickwork in the...

17 May 2014

1898 – Police Station, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “This is a new police-station recently erected at Stoke-on-Trent, for the Staffordshire Standing Joint Committee. The design was selected in a limited competition. The building is constructed of brickwork...

17 May 2014

1898 – Premiated Design for Technical Institute, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: Woodhouse & Willoughby “The competition for the proposed technical school at Bootle was decided some few months ago. The town council received twenty -two sets of plans and designs for the buildings,...

16 May 2014

1899 – House, Claremont Park, Blackpool, Lancashire

Architect: Herbert Wade “This building is in the course of construction at Blackpool, at a cost of about £.1,000. The whole of the dressings are of Mr. Edwards’ Ruabon red terracotta, the bricks...

15 May 2014

1899 – Welsh Congregational Church, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: Owen Roberts “This church has recently been completed at a cost of 11,000, including all fitments, heating, and ventilating. The seating accommodation is for 4OO persons, and a schoolroom attached for 150...

15 May 2014

1862 – Crozier Memorial, Banbridge, Co. Down

Architect: William J. Barre Crozier was a British naval officer who participated in six exploratory expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic. He was born at Avonmore House which stands opposite his large memorial...

14 May 2014

1875 – St. Mary’s Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Alexander Macalister The design was chosen as a result of an architectural competition. St Mary’s Catholic Hall was used for concerts and dances, and also included a primary school until 1901. It...

14 May 2014

1878 – Warehouses, Merchants Quay, Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin “We publish herewith an illustration of a new warehouse about to be erected for Messrs. Power and Co., Merchants-quay, Waterford. The ground storey will be of Bagnalstown granite, Portland...

13 May 2014

1898 – Former Technical School, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy, William Mitchell Constructed in 1898 and extended by William M. Mitchell in 1900. Demolished in the 1960s to make way for the much large college buildings of 1968 by Hooper...