Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Andalusia

07 October 2009

1320s – Torre del Oro, Seville, Spain

The Gold Tower of Seville was one of the last contributions from the Almohade period in Seville. It formed part of the last wall of defence that ran from the Alcázar Palace to...

06 October 2009

1354 – The Alhambra, Granada, Andalusia, Spain

The Alhambra is an ancient palace and fortress complex of the Moorish monarchs of Granada. This terrace or plateau is enclosed by a strongly fortified wall, which is flanked by thirteen towers. The...

07 October 2009

1506 – Seville Cathedral & Giralda, Spain

The Cathedral of Seville is one of the largest cathedrals in the world and contains the burial site of Christopher Columbus. The cathedral was built to demonstrate Seville’s wealth, as it had become...

06 October 2009

15th C – Iglesia de Sta Ana, Granada, Andalusia, Spain

Architect: The Church of St Anne, built in the 15th Century on top of a mosque; it is a simple building with a fine ornate doorway and belltower.

06 October 2009

1715 – Cathedral, Granada, Andalusia, Spain

Architect: Diego de Siloé Diego de Siloé began its construction but the main part of the building was erected according to his plans between 1597 and 1715, the year which saw the completion...

06 October 2009

1728 – La Antigua Fábrica de Tabacos, Seville

Architect: Ignacio Sala & Diego Bordick Deverez The main building of University of Seville is known as the “Old Tobacco Factory”, because of the building’s original use. Built in the 18th century, Seville’s...

07 October 2009

1734 – Palacio de San Telmo, Seville, Spain

This magnificent palace was built in 1682 to serve as a marine university, training ships, pilots, navigators and high ranking officers. It is named after St. Telmo, the patron saint of navigators. In...

06 October 2009

1881 – Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza, Seville, Spain

This magnificent bullring is considered to be one of the finest in Spain and is one of the oldest in the world. The building, with its impressive Baroque façade, dates from 1762 -1881...

07 October 2009

1893 – Pavilion, Maria Luisa Park, Seville, Spain

Most of the grounds that form Maria Luisa Park, were formerly the gardens of the Palace of San Telmo, and were donated in 1893 for use as a public park. Starting in 1911,...

Pages:123Next »