Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Castile-La Mancha

07 October 2009

1493 – Cathedral of Saint Mary of Toledo, Spain

Architect:

07 October 2009

14th C – Puente de San Martin, Toledo, Spain

A bridge located to the West of the city, it was built in the middle of the 14th Century. Destroyed during the war between the brothers Pedro I and Enrique II, it was...

09 October 2009

1535 – El Alcazar, Toledo, Spain

The Alcázar of Toledo is a stone fortification located in the highest part of Toledo, Spain. It was constructed under Alfonso VI and Alfonso X and renovated in 1535. During the Spanish Civil...

09 October 2009

1575 – Ayuntamiento, Toledo, Spain

Architect: Juan Herrera The townhall or Ayuntamiento is a fine building in a Spanish baroque style, complete with square corner turrets. Its distinctive shape took many years to carry out, as its construction...

09 October 2009

1576 – Puerta del Cambron, Toledo, Spain

Originally a Muslim doorway which has been heavily altered. In its current version it dates from 1576, and was built on a square base, with an interior patio surrounded by four towers covered...

07 October 2009

15th C – Iglesia de San Vicente, Toledo, Spain

Architect: There only remains the apse from the Mudejar church, known in Toledo as the Cubillo (Tower) of San Vicente. The body of the church was rebuilt in the 14th and 15th Centuries,...

09 October 2009

1718 – Iglesia de San Idelfonso, Toledo, Spain

Known as the Jesuits’ church because it was built by this religious order and as “San Juan Bautista” because it used to be the parish church of St. John the Baptist. It is...

09 October 2009

1790s – University of Castile La Mancha Vice Chancellor’s Building, Toledo, Spain

Architect: Ignacio Haan This is one of the few major buildings in Toledo designed entirely by one architect. Designed as a regional university at the end of the 18th century the facade features...

09 October 2009

1854 – Plaza de Zocodover, Toledo, Spain

Architect: Santiago Martín Ruiz A square from medieval times, in 1854 an ambitious project under the guidence of Santiago Martín Ruiz, reorganised thesquare, transforming it into a rectangular arcaded space.

Pages:12Next »