Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Arizona

31 May 2010

1894 – Coconino County Courthouse, Flagstaff, Arizona

Architect: J.N. Preston Coconino County in Arizona was formed in 1891 and is named after a Native American tribe living in the Grand Canyon. Three years later, the county courthouse, am excercise in...

28 June 2010

1930 – Church of the Nativity, Flagstaff, Arizona

Unusual gothic styling and materials in this small Roman Catholic church, notably the painted pink gargoyles. The cornerstone was laid in 1929, with the first mass being held in 1930. Work on internal...

31 May 2010

1956 – Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, Arizona

Architect: Anshen & Allen Built on a twin pinnacled spur about 250 feet high, jutting out of a thousand foot red rock wall, the building of the Chapel was completed in April 1956....