Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South Dakota

25 August 2009

1910 – Capitol, Pierre, South Dakota

Architect: Bell & Detwiler In 1889 South Dakota became an independent state. Prior to that it had been part of the Dakota Territory which we now know as North and South Dakota. During...

15 September 2009

1930 – Soldiers & Sailors World War Memorial, Pierre, South Dakota

Architect: Hugill & Blatherwick The memorial is constructed of steel and has sandstone facing. The front of the building has an impressive entry pediment with dentil molding and six Ionic columns as well...

15 September 2009

1935 – Hughes County Courthouse, Pierre, South Dakota

Architect: Hugill & Blatherwick The Hughes County Courthouse was designed in the Public Works Administration in a Moderne style with Art Deco features by the architects Hugill and Blatherwick and constructed by the...