Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wales

08 June 2009

1880 – Cardiff Free Library & School of Art

Architect: James, Seward & Thomas The winning entry in a competition to design a new building for the Cardiff Free Library, Museum and Schools for Science and Art. Erected for just over £9,000,...

08 June 2009

1880 – Corner of Bute & Custom House Streets, Cardiff

Architect: John P. Jones “This block of buildings is now in course of erection for Mr. C. Kyte, on the corner of Bute and Customhouse streets, Cardiff. The site is part of the...

09 April 2012

1880 – Glamorganshire Banking Company, Aberavon, Glamorganshire

Architect: J.B. Fowler Bank branch for the Glamorganshire Banking Company – eventually a part of Lloyds Bank. “This building is now in course of erection in the main street of the town. The...

08 June 2009

1880 – Plas Llanychan, Wales

Architect: Arthur Baker “Plas Llanychan has been rebuilt, on the foundation of an old house which was in a dilapidated condition, for John Taber, Esq., of Claremont, near Ruthin. The work has been...

27 September 2009

1880 – Proposed New Church, Maesllwch, Radnor, Wales

Architect: Weatherley & Jones “This church, to accommodate 232 persons, was designed to cost £2,000, exclusive of the spire and belfry stage ; the materials being local grey- stone with Forest of Dean...

14 April 2014

1880 – Cardiff Free Library & School of Art

Architect: J.H. Brett Submission for architectural competition to design a new central library for Cardiff. Submitted by Dublin architect J.H. Brett, the winning design was by architects James, Seward and Thomas,and was erected...

19 October 2009

1881 – Bodnant, North Wales

Architect: W.J. Green “Tins building, which has been erected for H. D. Pochin, Esq., is situate in a most picturesque part of the Conway Valley, at an elevation of about 200ft. above the...

02 November 2009

1881 – Church of St. Germans, Adamsdown, Cardiff

Architect: Bodley & Garner The site was the gift of Lord Tredegar who laid the foundation stone on 18 April 1882. It was consecrated on 9 March 1886 and the Parish was formed...

01 November 2009

1881 – New Infirmary, Cardiff

Architect: James, Seward & Thomas “This building is intended to replace an existing structure erected for a similar purpose about 35 years ago by the munificence of Mr. Daniel Jones, of Beaupre. The...