Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

We have moved the forums to different software, so various elements of the user interface have changed. Over the next couple of weeks, the template will be changed for a more fluid design to better suit the variety of devices that we use today. Extra features will alao be added.

Portugal

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mafalda Ramalho 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Paul Clerkin
    Keymaster

In an effort to broaden the site’s appeal, we’re starting a new Portuguese architecture forum….

Mafalda Ramalho
    Participant

Any ideas for subjects?!

Rita Ochoa
    Participant

With this forum we can share ideas and experiences… So don’t feel shy to ask whatever you want about our small country and our “great” architecture !

Don’t worry , this is not advertisment… it’s just a place where you can explore / show what’s happening in Portugal (good or bad, you decide) either in english or portuguese.

Paul Clerkin
    Keymaster

Exactly, Rita knows what’s what in Portugal and will be guiding the discussion here… so feel free to talk about the issues in Portugal, new buildings, developments etc…

Rita Ochoa
    Participant

Here is some general information about our practice and education:

http://www.archiworld.it/archieuro/archieugb/dbportu.html

… yes, the future looks a bit scary when we see that we have the same number for architecture students and for graduated architects! This means that in a few years the offer of architects will simply duplicate when the job market is already so tight !!

Rita Ochoa
    Participant

Tell us if you ever visited our country (holidays or not) and what you think about it…

Rita Ochoa
    Participant

for a 1st visit :)

ps. and yes, Spain is erased on the east side

Mafalda Ramalho
    Participant

Most of the turist that visit our country are irish… but I’ve notice that don’t normaly know Lisbon or the North of Portugal. I know that Algarve is the target area… but if you are interested in architecture from the most ancient times to the more updates tecnics in constrution, I invite everybody to travel around Portugal next time you flight over… they are not very long trips, and I’m sure you will find many different nice ways to enjoy your hollidays!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.