Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
13 June 2014

1896 – All Souls Church, Elmwood Avenue, Belfast

Architect: George W. Planck Second Presbyterian Congregation founded in 1708, with the York Street Congregation founded in 1840. Present building largely completed in 1896. Design chosen after an architectural competition in 1895 –...

12 June 2014

1870 – Working Men’s Institute, Queen Street, Belfast

Architect: Anthony Thomas Jackson Constructed at the junction of Queen and Mill Streets, demolished in 1915. The arcaded shops were the home of Lennon’s Catholic Repository. The building contained a library and a...

12 June 2014

1901 – Unbuilt Design for Wesleyan Centenary Hall, London

Architect: Banister Fletcher & Sons This formed the subject of a limited competition for the new Wcsleyan Centenary Hall in Bishopsgate-street, and the instructions to architects contained the following ideas of the trustees...

12 June 2014

1887 – Presbyterian Church, Windsor, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A fine Victorian Gothic church on a elevated site, that is still in use today by its congregation. A later school was erected in the 1880s and connected to...

11 June 2014

1885 – Holy Ghost Hospital, Waterford

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Founded in 1545, in the nineteenth century the hospital removed to the suburbs and in 1882 construction of the present hospital was started. A stone over the main entrance reads...

11 June 2014

Infra-Éireann – Ireland at Venice

Infra-Éireann presents ten infrastructural episodes across a period of a hundred years. Placing architecture within a technological and cultural flow of national and international dimensions, it explores the operations of infrastructure in the...

11 June 2014

NEW NOW NEXT – A New Generation

A New Generation, is a panel of three Irish architects who will take to the stage to discuss their work from a national and international perspective. The event will be held in the...

11 June 2014

‘Ranks Silo in the 21st Century’ Results

DoCoMoMo Ireland and Limerick City of Culture presented ‘Rank’s Silo in the 21st Century’ an open international competition to develop ideas for whatthis iconic building in Limerick City might become. This architectural ideas...

10 June 2014

1908 – Swimming Baths, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally opened in 1842 and rebuilt by the town council in 1908. In 1843, John Croswaithe built baths on the corner of Scotsman’s Bay. Originally known as the Royal...