Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
11 June 2014

1885 – Holy Ghost Hospital, Waterford

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Founded in 1545, in the nineteenth century the hospital removed to the suburbs and in 1882 construction of the present hospital was started. A stone over the main entrance reads...

11 June 2014

Infra-Éireann – Ireland at Venice

Infra-Éireann presents ten infrastructural episodes across a period of a hundred years. Placing architecture within a technological and cultural flow of national and international dimensions, it explores the operations of infrastructure in the...

11 June 2014

NEW NOW NEXT – A New Generation

A New Generation, is a panel of three Irish architects who will take to the stage to discuss their work from a national and international perspective. The event will be held in the...

11 June 2014

‘Ranks Silo in the 21st Century’ Results

DoCoMoMo Ireland and Limerick City of Culture presented ‘Rank’s Silo in the 21st Century’ an open international competition to develop ideas for whatthis iconic building in Limerick City might become. This architectural ideas...

10 June 2014

1908 – Swimming Baths, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally opened in 1842 and rebuilt by the town council in 1908. In 1843, John Croswaithe built baths on the corner of Scotsman’s Bay. Originally known as the Royal...

10 June 2014

1933 – Bleach Green Viaducts, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim

Architect: W.K. Wallace Bleach Green Viaduct, carries the mainline to Londonderry over the Larne Line, and was constructed between 1931 & 1933 by the LMS/NCC railway company. Usually referred to as “Bleach Green...

08 June 2014

1899 – Building over GWR Tunnel, Carrs Lane, Birmingham

Architect: Ralph Heaton Proposal for building over a Great Western Railway tunnel showing the underpinning structure. Published in The Building News, September 22, 1899. Demolished in 1988 after structural failure.

07 June 2014

1876 – Philbeach Gardens, Earls Court, London

In the year after 1867, Earls Court was transformed into a densely populated suburb with 1,200 houses and two churches. Building began in Philbeach Gardens in 1876.

06 June 2014

1899 – Cannon Street Hotel, Birmingham

Architect: Bateman & Bateman “The plans make this design explicit — Portland stone, with Berkshire bricks and green slates, being the materials, with a good deal of ironwork in the construction. Building operations...