Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
02 March 2014

1875 – Bank of Ireland, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey The Hibernian Bank aggressively pursued the business of the new Catholic middle classes, and in doing so, used an architectural idiom similar to that being used in the new churches...

02 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Longford, Co. Longford

Architect: James Bell Fine limestone facade with carved riverine keystones to the windows on the ground floor. Published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1863.

02 March 2014

1887 – Ballynafeigh Orange Hall, Ormeau Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt William Batt had designed several other Orange Halls including the Orange Hall in Clifton Street, were he was a member of Eldon L.O.L. No 7. Watt and the hall committee...

01 March 2014

1906 – Austin’s Department Store, Derry

Architect: M.A. Robinson A most imposing 5 storey Edwardian building with its conglomeration of large windows, columns, pedestals, balconies and a copper roofed cupola. This flamboyant building was built between 1904 and 1907...

01 March 2014

1890 – 39 Hill Street, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: John Brown Now known as Bank Buildings, but in 1898 was a commercial premises for Lee & Son, pianoforte warehouse.

01 March 2014

1832 – St. John’s Church of Ireland, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth / J.H. Fullerton Designed in a Norman revival style by the architect William Booth for The Drapers Company who also paid for much of the renovation and construction of...

01 March 2014

1868 – St Matthias Church of Ireland, Loup, Co. Derry

Architect: Welland & Gillespie The ecclesiastical district of Ballyeglish began in 1866, on land donated by the Salters Company. The building was constructed from white limestone from the nearby Drapers Company estate, relieved...

01 March 2014

1869 – Burns Hotel, Shore Rd., Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: Timothy Hevey New railway hotel premises from Mr. Patrick Burns, Shore Rd., Hollywood, Co. Down

01 March 2014

1879 – William Brunton & Co., No.43 Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater New furniture warehouse, Henry St. for Messrs. W. Brunton and Co. Destroyed during the Easter Rising of 1916. Published in The Irish Builder, December 1 1879.