Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
14 May 2014

1878 – Warehouses, Merchants Quay, Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin “We publish herewith an illustration of a new warehouse about to be erected for Messrs. Power and Co., Merchants-quay, Waterford. The ground storey will be of Bagnalstown granite, Portland...

14 May 2014

From Classical to Curious

An exhibition of drawings from the Irish Architectural Archive’s Guinness Collection is now on display at the architecture gallery of the Irish Architectural Archive in Merrion Square. The Guinness Collection was assembled by...

14 May 2014

Reassessing Architectural Conservation Areas Conference

Dublin Civic Trust is pleased to announce details of a one-day conference assessing the role of Architectural Conservation Areas since their introduction under the Planning & Development Act, 2000. Placing a special emphasis...

13 May 2014

1898 – Former Technical School, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy, William Mitchell Constructed in 1898 and extended by William M. Mitchell in 1900. Demolished in the 1960s to make way for the much large college buildings of 1968 by Hooper...

13 May 2014

1899 – Victoria Club & Institute, Sheerness-on-Sea, Kent

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Unbuilt proposal for an extension to an existing social club. “The accompanying illustration shows the new assembly-hall and billiard-room fur five tables, also the extension of the club premises,...

12 May 2014

1884 – Leonard Wine Merchants, Antrim Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: E.J. Byrne `The new premises, the subject of our illustration, are now being erected from the design of Mr. E.J. Byrne, architect, of 4 Waring-street Belfast, for Mr. Patrick Leonard, wine merchant....

12 May 2014

1871 – Nos. 24 & 26 Donegall Place, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons “In no locality within the northern capital are architectural improvements more markedly observable than in Donegall Place. To this already fine business premises in this grand throughfare there...

12 May 2014

1880 – Design for Municipal Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: G.P. Beater Unsuccessful entry for new municipal buildings for Glasgow by Dublin architect George P. Beater. “We learn that the number of drawings sent in last year for the proposed municipal buildings...

11 May 2014

1898 – Wayfarers Arcade, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Hurst & Bolshaw The Arcade first opened in October 1898 and was originally called the Leyland Arcade, after Southport MP, Sir Herbert Leyland. The arcade was the idea of John Humphrey Plummer,...