Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
05 December 2014

1916 – Fr. Mathew Square, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Housing scheme for Dublin Corporation by the City Architect on site bounded by Church St, Beresford St, Mary’s La & N King St consisting of 4-roomed houses, 3-roomed houses and...

05 December 2014

1960s – Unbuilt twin for O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald After O’Connell Bridge House was constructed in 1965 on the eastern side, it was suggested that a twin be built on the site of the Ballast Office on the western...

05 December 2014

2014 – Library, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Carr Cotter & Naessens Dlr Lexicon is a new public library for Dún Laoghaire designed to provide a new landmark between the town and coastline. The four-storey structure was built into the...

05 December 2014

1622 – Kirkiston Castle, Co. Down

Constructed in 1622 by Roland Savage, on the site of a ninth-century round tower. It was occupied until 1731, the castle is in the late medieval tower-house tradition. Parts of the bawn wall...

05 December 2014

1893 – St. John’s Point Lighthouse, Killough, Co. Down

Architect: William Douglass Constructed during the period 1892-93, replacing an older and lower lighthouse. The complex comprised of a lighthouse, 2 new dwellings, new fog-signal house, enlargement of gas plant.

04 December 2014

1878 – National Schools, Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Published in The Irish Builder, Jan 15 1878.

04 December 2014

1862 – Model School, Newtownards, Co. Down

Architect: Frederick Darley Designed in a Jacobean style, the Model School opened in July 1862. One of a ]number of Model Schools around the country, it was non-sectarian with the different religions of...

04 December 2014

1893 – The Manse, Kilkeel, Co. Down

Architect: Maximillian Clarke Unusual Manse with two-storey octagonal tower, possibly designed by Maximillian Clarke.

04 December 2014

1858 – Railway Station, Ballynahinch, Co. Down

Architect: Telford MacNeill Opened by the Belfast and County Down Railway on 10 September 1858, and closed to passengers 16 January 1950. The former station building and goods shed have since been converted...