1870 – Interior, St Saviour’s Dominican Church, Limerick
St Saviour’s Dominican Church as it stands today is the result of the work of many architects over two hundred years.
1854 – Richmond District Lunatic Asylum, Dublin
This 1913 illustration depicts the front elevation of the Male Department of the Richmond District Lunatic Asylum,
1869 – District Lunatic Asylum, Downpatrick, Co. Down
Now known as the Downshire Hospital. “This building, of which we give an elevation and plans,
1884 – Library Chambers, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim
Described in detail in The Irish Builder, October 15 1884: “OUR illustration shows the large block shops and business premises,
1870 – William Smith O’Brien Statue, Dublin
William Smith O’Brien (1811-1861) was an Irish nationalist Member of Parliament and leader of the Young Ireland movement.
1907 – St. John’s Church, Dublin Rd., Kilkenny
Designed and started by William Hague in 1896, but completed after his death by William H.
1965 – McConnell House, Charlemont Place, Dublin
Described by Frank McDonald in ‘The Destruction of Dublin’ as “truly dreadful” and by Plan Magazine as “leggy piece of non-architecture….
1906 – Foreman’s Cottages, Talbot’s Inch, Co. Killkenny
Talbot’s Inch was designed as a ‘model village’ and built to a master plan devised by William Alphonsus Scott in the fashionable Arts-and-Crafts style of the period.
1964 – St. Stephen’s Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin
Constructed on the site of the Magdalen Asylum on Lower Leeson Street after an architectural competition in 1960.
1905 – Bishop’s Palace, Longford, Co. Longford
St. Michael’s is the residence of the Bishop of the diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise. Probably built to designs by T.F.