Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
02 October 2014

1973 – RTE Radio Centre, Donnybrook, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Part of the RTE campus which includes radio and television studios. With the completion of the Radio Centre, RTE Radio’s programme departments and studios were housed for the first...

02 October 2014

1877 – Presentation Convent, Dingle, Co. Kerry

Architect: J.J. McCarthy & C.J. McCarthy The main building was constructed in 1877 to designs of J.J. McCarthy under the supervision of his son C.J. McCarthy. By 1886, the son, later Dublin City...

02 October 2014

1887 – Trinity Presbyterian Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Built to replace an older Church which had been erected about 1770. This older Church was known as 2nd Bailieborough and is now demolished with just the graveyard remaining. The new church was...

02 October 2014

1863 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Julianstown, Co. Meath

Architect: Welland & Gillespie / J.F. Fuller Parts of the nave of the current church was constructed in 1770 on the site of an earlier church. The church has been restored, rebuilt and...

02 October 2014

1791 – Tower of Lloyd, Kells, Co. Meath

Architect: Henry Aaron Baker An 18th-century lighthouse folly in the form of a giant Doric column, surmounted by glazed lantern, erected to the memory of Thomas Taylor, 1st Earl of Bective, by his...

01 October 2014

Documenting and Exploring Diversity in Ireland’s Built Heritage

This one-day symposium in Freemasons’ Hall, on Saturday, 22 November, celebrates the work and reviews the objectives of the Buildings of Ireland series in recording the architecture of our island – old and...

01 October 2014

1839 – St. Anne’s Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

St. Anne’s Roman Catholic Church was erected in 1839 and replaced an older Church near to this site which was described as a long thatched Chapel, which was built during the late 1700s....

01 October 2014

1847 – Model House, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Architect: Frederick Darley Erected as an Agricultural Training School with suitable offices and a 48 acre farm attached. Intended as a training school where eight pupils boarded and were taught both the theory...

01 October 2014

1850 – Model Schools, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Architect: Frederick Darley The Model Schools were erected between 1848 and 1850, the costs of which was funded by Sir John Young, later Lord Lisgar. Divided into separate boys and girls schools with...