Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
01 April 2014

1790c – Drumcairne, Stewartstown, Co. Tyrone

A fine late Georgian house, used by the Earl of Charlemont as his home after Roxborough Castle was burnt in 1922.

01 April 2014

1870 – Presbyterian Manse, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Part of a series of Presbyterian manses built across county Cavan in the 1870s.

01 April 2014

1899 – New Buildings, New College, Oxford

Architect: Basil Champneys In the late 19th century New College, which was founded in 1379, began freely admitting undergraduates. The New Buildings by Basil Champneys along Holywell were built between 1873-96 to house...

01 April 2014

1899 – Public Library, Roath, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: Teather & Wilson Still in use as a public library today, the building was constructed slightly larger than illustrated, with an extra two bays. “This building is proposed to be erected at...

01 April 2014

1899 – Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church, Roath, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: John H. Phillips Built in an Lombardic-meets-Arts and Crafts inspired style with two storeys and a basement, a gable entry plan and flanking towers. In 1985 this building was converted for use...

01 April 2014

1870 – Gatelodge and School, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson Combined gate-house and school building for St. Patrick’s Church of Ireland in Dalkey. Still standing today although missing the top of the small tower. A parishioner Charles Leslie presented the...

01 April 2014

1899 – General Accident Assurance Co, Perth, Scotland

Architect: George P.K. Young the General Accident and Employers’ Liability Assurance Association Ltd. was founded in Perth, Scotland in 1885. It became the General Accident Assurance Corporation Ltd. in 1891, and later through...

31 March 2014

1865 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Arless, Co. Laois

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Fine gothic exterior with spire on an elevated site makes Pugin & Ashlin’s church at Arless a landmark in the local landscape. The interior has some original fittings, with...

31 March 2014

1863 – Former Town Hall, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Detached three-bay two-storey gable-fronted former town hall, designed by William Caldbeck and built alongside his bank constructed at the same time for the National Bank. Now in use as parish...