Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
17 September 2009

1878 – Church of the Annunciation, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in Early French Gothic style with the nave, aisles and chancel terminating in 3 semicircular apses.The foundation stone was laind on 29 March 1875, and the church dedicated 27...

17 September 2009

1881 – St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The Roman Catholic church, St Mary of the Angels was designed by the leading church architect J.J. McCarthy who unfortunately died before it was completed in 1881. The plans were...

17 September 2009

1900 – Nurses’ Home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital

Architect: Albert E. Murray Designed as the nurses’ home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital on nearby Baggot Street, this is now a hotel. “This is being erected in St. Mary’s-road, the recreation...

17 September 2009

1880 – Design for O’Brien Institute, Marino, Clontarf

Architect: John L. Robinson Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876....

17 September 2009

1881 – Drawing Room, Blackheath, Contarf

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Interior view including ground plan & key. Published in The Building News, March 4th 1881. “This sketch gives the interior of a ball-room, which forms part of additions to...

17 September 2009

1885 – St. Saviour’s Dominican Convent, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Adjacent to the fine St Saviour’s Church by J.J McCarthy is the monastery designed by John Loftus Robinson in 1885 from the funds that was originally intended to add...

17 September 2009

1888 – Floating Swimming Baths, Kingstown, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Proposal for a floating swimming baths for Dun Laoghaire harbour.

17 September 2009

1910 – Bridge Gallery of Modern Art, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke Sketch design by the city architect Horace T. O’Rourke for a new gallery on a bridge in the River Liffey.

17 September 2009

1911 – Hick’s Tower, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks