Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
06 October 2015

1861 – Uncompleted Spire, St John’s Cathedral, Limerick

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick Uncompleted tower and spire for St John’s Cathedral, Limerick. The spire was later completed, in 1883, to a different design by local architect, M.A. Hennessy. Described in The Dublin...

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Beresford Place, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “An exception however to this structure, has been erected near the...

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Parkgate St., Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “The mural fountain, also illustrated herein – has been in Parkgate...

06 October 2015

1929 – Catholic Emancipation Centenary, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Built for celebrations to mark the centenary of Catholic Emancipation. A Pontifical High Mass in the Phoenix Park, on Sunday 24 June 1929, was attended by 300,000 people.

06 October 2015

1860 – Balance Rolling Bridge, George’s Dock, North Wall, Dublin

Architect: Turner & Gibson Illustration of a balance rolling bridge erected at George’s Dock, part of the Custom House Docks, by Turner & Gibson of the Hammersmith Iron Works. Later replaced.

01 October 2015

1780 – St. Catherine’s Church, Meath St., Dublin

“The chapel belonging to the parish formerly stood in Bridge foot street at the north side of Thomas street, but it being dilapidated, about 1780 a subscription was raised amongst the parishioners for...

01 October 2015

1875 – Classiebawn, Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo

Architect: J. Rawson Carroll Designed in the Baronial style by J. Rawson Carroll, a Dublin-based, but Scottish, architect, and is constructed of local stone with Mountcharles stone dressings brought by sea from County...

01 October 2015

1895 – Lakeview House, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Michael J. Tighe Published in The Irish Builder, June 15 1895.

30 September 2015

1824 – Royal Arcade and Grand Promenade, College Green, Dublin

Destroyed by fire in 1838. Described as “a beautiful structure two storeys high. The under one being the Arcade contained 30 shops filled with all sorts of merchandize, to regulate which strict bye...