1907 – St. John’s Church, Dublin Rd., Kilkenny
Designed and started by William Hague in 1896, but completed after his death by William H.
1965 – McConnell House, Charlemont Place, Dublin
Described by Frank McDonald in ‘The Destruction of Dublin’ as “truly dreadful” and by Plan Magazine as “leggy piece of non-architecture….
1906 – Foreman’s Cottages, Talbot’s Inch, Co. Killkenny
Talbot’s Inch was designed as a ‘model village’ and built to a master plan devised by William Alphonsus Scott in the fashionable Arts-and-Crafts style of the period.
1964 – St. Stephen’s Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin
Constructed on the site of the Magdalen Asylum on Lower Leeson Street after an architectural competition in 1960.
1905 – Bishop’s Palace, Longford, Co. Longford
St. Michael’s is the residence of the Bishop of the diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise. Probably built to designs by T.F.
1793 – Courthouse, Longford, Co. Longford
Longford Courthouse is a 5-bay, 3-storey over basement building constructed in 1790, with a fine Doric pedimented entrance doorcase, and a central first-floor Venetian window above.
1964 – New Ireland Assurance, Dawson Street, Dublin
One of the better buildings of the 1960s in Dublin is the office headquarters for the New Ireland Assurance Company.
1971 – No.9 Dawson Street, Dublin
Built for Irish National Insurance company, but now part of the New Ireland Assurance company next door. A less successful design than its earlier neighbour due to the flatter modelling of the facade,
1967 – Hainault House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin
One of a threesome of office buildings from the 1960s that replaced a number of Georgian houses on the south side of the Green.
1835 – Newtownstewart Gate Lodge, Baronscourt, Co. Tyrone
Gate lodge taken from Design No.4 in Robinson’s ‘Designs for Lodges & Park Entrances’ published in 1833.