Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
07 August 2009

1906 – New Sessions House, Old Bailey, London

Architect: E.W. Mountford Widely regarded as the masterwork of Edward William Mountford, (1855-1908), the Sessions House is a grandly Edwardian Baroque building, with a cupola derived from the work of Wren.

07 August 2009

William Venn Gough (1842-1918)

William Venn Gough was born in Frome in Somerset in 1841 or 1842 and was baptised on 26 September ot the latter year. He practised as an architect in Bristol, generally working for...

06 August 2009

1885 – High Altar, West Gorton Franciscan Church, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Pugin & Pugin

06 August 2009

Coad, Richard (1825-1900)

Richard Coad was born in Liskeard, Cornwall on 13 February 1825. He was articled to Henry Rice of Liskeard and subsequently worked as assistant to Sir George Gilbert Scott from 1847 to 1864....

06 August 2009

1885 – Crispin Hall, Street, Somerset

Architect: George J. Skipper

06 August 2009

1885 – Clifton Spa & Pump Room, Clifton, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W.V. Gough Perspective view including planpublished in The Building News, December 25th 1885.

06 August 2009

1885 – St. John’s Cathedral, Newfoundland

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is located in the city of St. John’s, Newfoundland. This parish in the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador was founded...

06 August 2009

1911 – Walter Scott building, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond Constructed by the Moose Jaw Times Herald the building was the largest commercial office building in the province at the time of its completion in 1912. In keeping...

06 August 2009

LiD Architecture wins Dublin Parlour Competition

Dublin City Council and Point Village Limited are delighted to announce that the winner of Dublin’s Parlour Design Competition is LiD Architecture. The RIAI (Royal Institute of Architects in Ireland) administered the single...


Skip to toolbar