Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
16 July 2009

1873 – Christ Church, Westminster Road, Lambeth, London

Architect: E.C. Robins A design concept for Christ Church Congregational Chapel which was completed in 1874. The church as completed had the tower and spire on the main facade as opposed to above...

16 July 2009

1873 – St. Luke’s Church, South Kensington, London

Architect: George & Henry Godwin Saint Luke’s was built in 1872 to 1873; designed by George and Henry Godwin. Chiefly responsible for fundraising was the Reverend William Fraser Handcock, a clergyman of means,...

16 July 2009

1873 – New Offices, Paul’s Wharf, Upper Thames Street, London

Architect: Robert W. Edis From The Building News, October 17, 1873: “These offices, of which we published an illustration in our last week’s number, have lately been erected in connection with the large...

16 July 2009

1873 – Design for Church of St. Patrick, Kenway Road, Kensington, London

Architect: Henry Conybeare The designer Henry Conybeare was not a prolific architect; but an engineer. He had begun his career in India, where in the early 1850s he designed and laid out waterworks...

16 July 2009

1873 – School, Blundell Street, Islington, London

Architect: T. Roger

16 July 2009

1872 – New Vestry Hall, Kensington, London

Architect: J.M. Brydon Unrealised design for a new Vestry Hall for the Borough of Kensington.

16 July 2009

1865 – St. Pauls Church, Bethnal Green, London

Architect: B. Bigginton Bombed during the Blitz of the Second World War, St. Paul’s parish was united to St. Matthew’sin 1951. The church was demolished.

16 July 2009

1866 – Kings College Hospital, London

Architect: Thomas Bellamy King’s was originally opened in 1840 in the disused St Clements Dane workhouse in Portugal Street close to Lincoln’s Inn Fields. It was used as a training facility where medical...

16 July 2009

1860 – The Arcades at The Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, London

Architect: Sydney Smirke In 1861 the Royal Horticultural Society developed a new garden at South Kensington on land leased from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851. It was closed in 1882....