1961 – Koralek’s winning design for Trinity College library

Architect: Paul Koralek

The winning design, No.123, in the architectural competition to design a new library for Trinity College Dublin.

1855 – The Abbey, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Sir Charles Lanyon

An imposing two-storey, Italianate stucco house designed by Sir Charles Lanyon, as a private residence for Richard Davison MP.

1837 – Presbyterian Church, Alfred St., Belfast

Constructed during 1836-37 to replace an earlier meeting house built 1821 at Alfred Place. Externally finished in brick, the building’s main architectural embellishments was an Ionic portico.

1961 – Second Premiated Design for new Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Alfred Mansfeld, Dani Havkin, J. Polatsek

Second placed entry by Haifa-based architects Alfred Mansfeld and Dani Havkin. According to the architects: “In order to achieve a harmonious relationship with the existing library and the museum building and to avoid architecturally awkward connections with these old buildings,

1770 – Bowen’s Court, Kildorrery, Co. Cork

Architect: Isaac Rothery

Constructed in the early 1770’s for the Bowen family who owned the house until it was sold by the author Elizabeth Bowen in 1959.

1961 – Third premiated design for Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Gene J. Festa & William H. Gardner

Designed in association with John Mesick, Thomas Ovington, and Lewis Zurlo.

1961 – Highly commended design for new Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Michael Brawne

Highly commended design, No.86, the jury felt it was “a solution that attracted the Jury for its horizontal lines,

1730 – ffranckfort Castle, Dunkerrin, Co. Offaly

A castellated Georgian mansion with pointed windows and a turret. Built on the site of an earlier castle, it incorporated part of the original fabric and the moat and fortified walls.

1766 – Kilshannig House, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Davis Ducart

The entrance is of rose red brick while the other fronts are of cut sandstone with limestone dressings.

1636 – Jigginstown House, Naas, Co. Kildare

Architect: John Allen

Jigginstown also known as Sigginstown House, or Strafford’s Folly was 380ft in length, making it one of the largest unfortified structures built in Ireland.