Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
16 July 2009

1876 – Curriers’ Hall, London Wall, London

Architect: J.& J. Belcher The Curriers’ Company has a long and complex history, dating from 1272 when the “Mistery of Curriers” first became a trade association. By around 1580, the guild of Curriers...

16 July 2009

1872 – Infant School & Cottages, Streatham Common, London

Architect: George & Vaughan From The Building News, September 19 1873: “We give this week a view and plan of a school and cottages erected some time sinco for tho Rev. Stenton Eardley....

16 July 2009

1873 – St. Luke’s Parsonage House, Victoria Docks, London

Architect: Giles & Gane Published in The Building News, December 12 1873: “We give an exterior perspective, and ground and chamber plans, of this parsonage. It being a marshy soil, and there being...

16 July 2009

1873 – Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Paddington, London

Architect: George Edmund Street Its surrounding streets have long been demolished and it is difficult to imagine that this tall building was actually squeezed into a narrow site. In the 1960s the community...

16 July 2009

1873 – New Zealand Chambers, Leadenhall Street, London

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Demolished. From The Building News, September 5 1873: “We have the satisfaction this week of giving a doublr-page illustration of a characteristic and picturesque block of buildings in Leadenhall-street,...

16 July 2009

1873 – Mansion House Buildings, London

Architect: J. & J. Belcher Detail of Queen Victoria Street front, elevation & section, as published in The Building News, July 4th 1873. “These buildings, which are now well known, are situated at...

16 July 2009

1873 – Christ Church, Westminster Road, Lambeth, London

Architect: E.C. Robins A design concept for Christ Church Congregational Chapel which was completed in 1874. The church as completed had the tower and spire on the main facade as opposed to above...

16 July 2009

1873 – St. Luke’s Church, South Kensington, London

Architect: George & Henry Godwin Saint Luke’s was built in 1872 to 1873; designed by George and Henry Godwin. Chiefly responsible for fundraising was the Reverend William Fraser Handcock, a clergyman of means,...

16 July 2009

1873 – New Offices, Paul’s Wharf, Upper Thames Street, London

Architect: Robert W. Edis From The Building News, October 17, 1873: “These offices, of which we published an illustration in our last week’s number, have lately been erected in connection with the large...