Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
12 July 2009

1908 – Palace of British Applied Arts, Franco British Exhibition, London

Architect: James B. Fulton Fulton designed the Palace of British Applied Arts and other buildings buildings for the Franco British Exhibition of 1908. The Franco-British Exhibition was a large public fair, designed to...

12 July 2009

1883 – St. Peter’s Church, St. Leonards on Sea, Sussex

Architect: James Brooks Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, July 20th 1883.

11 July 2009

Here we go round the chimney pot

There was a time, in the not too distant past, when a child’s playground was an altogether different place. Standardised and regimented, they were identical right down to the potentially lethal tarmac flooring....

11 July 2009

Irish architects maintain their winning touch

Irish architects may be on their knees, with up to half of the profession made redundant or working three-day weeks due to the collapse of the construction industry here, but with more time...

11 July 2009

1898 – Eglise de Saint Fabien, Quebec

Architect: David Ouellet

09 July 2009

Fulton, James Black (1875-1922)

James Black Fulton was born at Fenwick on 11 August 1875, the son of Robert Fulton and his wife Janet Black. He came of a scientific family; his great uncle was John Fulton,...

08 July 2009

1880 – New Schools, Tetsworth, Oxfordshire

Architect: Arthur Vernon Perspective view & ground plan as published in The Building News, May 7th 1880.

08 July 2009

1908 – The “Hare & Hounds” Inn, Sonning Common, Oxfordshire

Architect: W.C.A. Hambling Designed for for Messrs. Breakspear & Sons. Published in The Building News, October 23rd 1908. “This house is being erected upon a prominent site. The existing license is to be...

08 July 2009

1881 – Master’s Lodge, University College, Oxford

Architect: Bodley & Garner “This new building has been recently erected from the design of Messrs. G.F. Bodley and T. Garner, architects. It is of somewhat considerable size. “Brown’s Library” was left to...