1881 – Munce’s, 11-17 Cornmarket, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson and Sons

Demolished circa 1980 by which time it had acquired an extra storey. Replaced by a poor commercial building also in brick which attempted to mimic the rhythm of the windows in the original.

1878 – Houses, College Gardens, Belfast

Architect: William Batt

“This terrace has just been completed, and occupies a very fine position on a private avenue in front of the Wesleyan College.

1881 – Design for principal entrance to a demense

Architect: W.I. Chambers

“Our illustration in this number represents a design for a principal entrance to a very large demesne,

1881 – Proposal for Chapel, St. Joseph’s Convent, Kilkenny

Architect: Henry Brett & Sons

“We give as illustration with present issue, the design for west elevation of the proposed Convent Chapel,

10th C. – Round Tower, Kilmacduagh, Co. Galway

An unusual round tower with several unique features – the doorway is extremely high off the ground; there is a number of windows around the top;

12th C. – Round Tower, Kildare, Co. Kildare

The 32-m (round tower in Kildare is the second tallest in Ireland. The tower was most likely rebuilt in the 12th century onto the granite block foundation of the original structure dating from the sixth or seventh century.

1878 – St. James’s Church, Donagheady, Co. Derry

Architect: John Kennedy

In the late 19th century urgent repairs to the existing St. Michael’s Church which was constructed in 1790.

1826 – Bank of Ireland, Trevor Hill, Newry, Co. Down

Sometimes ascribed to Francis Johnston. Built as a bank in 1826, it was the first branch of the Bank of Ireland to be established in Ulster.

1935 – Capitol Cinema, Antrim Rd., Belfast

Architect: Thomas McLean

Suburban Art Deco cinema with cafe on the first floor. The cinema was closed in early 1975 due to a downtown in cinema goers.

1900 – Arnott & Co., Bridge St., Belfast

Architect: J.J. Phillips & Son

Department store constructed between 1897-1900, on the corner of Bridge and High Street. The store was originally designed by Thomas Jackson and built 1857 – 1858,