1891 – Sheil Hospital, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal

Architect: William H. Byrne

“The ceremony of laying the foundation stone was performed early in October last by Miss Sheil,

1890s – Findlater’s, Nos.30-31 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan

Former store belonging to the celebrated Dublin grocery chain Alex Findlater & Co. Extended over many years into the adjacent buildings.

1954 – F.W. Woolworth, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: Harold Winbourn

Former F.W. Woolworth store, later converted into public offices for Department of Social Welfare, and again back into retail space.

1925 – Greenville Hall, South Circular Road, Dublin.

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke

Former synagogue now in use as offices. Built on the site of Greenville House, which along with its demesne was sold in the 1870s.

1935 – Player Wills, South Circular Rd., Dublin

Architect: Beckett & Harrington

Built in 1935 as a factory for Player Wills tobacco, the building remained in use until manufacturing moved out of Ireland in 2005.

1931 – Wiggins Teape, East Wall Dublin

Architect: Samuel Stevenson & Sons

Originally a factory for Fry-Cadbury and later Wiggins Teape, this large 1930s complex was demolished in 2001.

1926 – Mitchell’s Hotel, Nos 9-11 Grafton St., Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons

Constructed as a new hotel in the mid 1920s, and later contained a fashionable restaurant at street level.

1880 – Belfast Royal Academy, Cliftonville Rd., Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie

A rather dour school building in a late Gothic style, finished in Scrabo stone. The Academy was founded in 1785 by Rev.

1925 – Annaghkilly Railway Viaduct, Co. Monaghan

Architect: F.A. Champion

Only the gaunt steel supports of this railway viaduct now stand – both the track bed and the railway embankments having been cleared since the line closed.

1891 – Garrison NCO Mess, McKee Barracks, Dublin

Architect: Major Robert Barklie RE

Garrison NCO Mess standing apart from the main ranges of the former Marlborough Barracks.