1907 – St. John’s Church, Dublin Rd., Kilkenny

Architect: William Hague & W.H. Byrne

Designed and started by William Hague in 1896, but completed after his death by William H.

1965 – McConnell House, Charlemont Place, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon

Described by Frank McDonald in ‘The Destruction of Dublin’ as “truly dreadful” and by Plan Magazine as “leggy piece of non-architecture….

1906 – Foreman’s Cottages, Talbot’s Inch, Co. Killkenny

Architect: William A. Scott

Talbot’s Inch was designed as a ‘model village’ and built to a master plan devised by William Alphonsus Scott in the fashionable Arts-and-Crafts style of the period.

1964 – St. Stephen’s Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Boyle & Delaney

Constructed on the site of the Magdalen Asylum on Lower Leeson Street after an architectural competition in 1960.

1905 – Bishop’s Palace, Longford, Co. Longford

Architect: T.F. McNamara

St. Michael’s is the residence of the Bishop of the diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise. Probably built to designs by T.F.

1793 – Courthouse, Longford, Co. Longford

Longford Courthouse is a 5-bay, 3-storey over basement building constructed in 1790, with a fine Doric pedimented entrance doorcase, and a central first-floor Venetian window above.

1964 – New Ireland Assurance, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Brien, Morris, & McCullough

One of the better buildings of the 1960s in Dublin is the office headquarters for the New Ireland Assurance Company.

1971 – No.9 Dawson Street, Dublin

Built for Irish National Insurance company, but now part of the New Ireland Assurance company next door. A less successful design than its earlier neighbour due to the flatter modelling of the facade,

1967 – Hainault House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates

One of a threesome of office buildings from the 1960s that replaced a number of Georgian houses on the south side of the Green.

1835 – Newtownstewart Gate Lodge, Baronscourt, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Peter F. Robinson

Gate lodge taken from Design No.4 in Robinson’s ‘Designs for Lodges & Park Entrances’ published in 1833.