1892 – Great Ulster Convention Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim
Temporary convention hall for a vast meeting of Ulster Unionists to discuss the possibility of Home Rule being granted to Ireland by Gladstone.
1956 – Kinnahalla Youth Hostel, Hilltown, Co. Down
Intended as a Youth Hostel to be known as the George VI Memorial Foundation Hostel,
1899 – Masonic Hall, Donaghadee, Co. Down
Small brick Masonic Hall completed in 1899. The Irish Builder of September 1 1899 named the archtect as William Curragh but other sources suggest J.J.
1726 – Kenmare House, Co. Kerry
The original Kenmare House was built in 1726, and designed by Viscount Kenmare himself in a French chateau style. The house was two stories high and had dormered attics with steep,
1880s – Munster & Leinster Bank, Killarney, Co. Kerry
Large branch for a busy provincial market town. As was traditional in Ireland, the branch manager had living accommodation over the public office.
1898 – Methodist Church, Ballynafeigh, Belfast
Unusual and elaborate Methodist Church – the octagonal body of the church is obscured by the main facade and other elements added to create and elaborate whole.
1846 – Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church, Banbridge, Co. Down
The congregation was formed in the 1740s with the above church constructed during the early 1840s to designs of an unknown architect for Rev.
1838 – Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church, Comber, Co. Down
The Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church or Unitarian Church in Comber was designed by James Patterson who also designed the Comber Second Church.
1839 – Second Comber Presbyterian Church, Co. Down
Unusual but successful amalgam of a classical inspired facade with Gothic window stylings. Sadly in recent years the original window tracery and glass was replaced with a simpler glass finsh.
1866 – District Lunatic Asylum, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Large District lunatic asylum erected to a design by George Wilkinson (1814-90). It has a symmetrical plan comprising nine-bay two-storey central block centred on three-bay two-storey pedimented projecting breakfront with five-bay two-storey projecting “pavilions”