Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
24 June 2009

1905 – New School, Fersdale Road, Swindon, Wiltshire

Architect: Nicholls & Stockwell

24 June 2009

1879 – Public Fountain, Chippenham, Wiltshire

Architect: W. Galsworthy Davie Illustration showing plans, sections & details and published in The Building News, January 10th 1879. “Th« design which we illustrate is by Mr. W. Galsworthy Davie, architect, and was...

24 June 2009

1883 – Vicarage, South Wraxall, Wiltshire

Architect: Weaver & Adye

24 June 2009

1901 – Schools, Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Architect: Silcock & Reay

24 June 2009

1883 – Lecture Hall, Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Architect: Weaver & Adye

24 June 2009

Godwin, Edward William (1833-1886)

A progressive British architect-designer, who began working in the strongly polychromatic “Ruskinian Gothic” style of mid-Victorian Britain, inspired by The Stones of Venice, then moved on to provide designs in the “Anglo-Japanese taste”...

23 June 2009

Sustainability vital for Ireland’s architects

Ireland’s architects must embrace the sustainability agenda and keep the environmental impact of their buildings at the front of their minds. This was the central message of Environment Minister John Gormley when he...

23 June 2009

Energy plan to set ‘clear and unambiguous’ targets

The Government’s National Energy Efficiency Plan, laying down “clear and unambiguous targets” for all sectors of the economy is to be published shortly, according to Minister for the Environment John Gormley. Speaking last...

23 June 2009

1906 – New Church of St. Lukes, Parkstone, Dorset

Architect: J. Henry Ball & T.J.B. Holland Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, August 3rd 1906.