Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
23 June 2009

2007 – IAC Headquarters, New York

Architect: Frank Gehry The building is Gehry’s first to be completed in New York. The design is the product of a collaboration between Gehry and IAC’s chairman, Barry Diller. The motif of a...

23 June 2009

1892 – West End Collegiate Church, New York

Architect: Robert W. Gibson Robert W. Gibson designed the church following the design of the 1606 Vleeshal in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Authenticity is enhanced by the choice of long, thin, brown bricks laid...

23 June 2009

1895 – New building for New York Herald

Architect: McKim Mead & White Built in 1895 to the designs of architect Stanford White but was demolished in 1921. Minerva, the Bellringers and Owls by Antonin Jean Carles, which originally graced the...

23 June 2009

1896 – Accepted design for St. Lukes Hospital, New York

Architect: Ernest Flagg

23 June 2009

1910 – Pennsylvania Railroad Station, New York

Architect: McKim Mead & White An imposing, sober colonnade of corinthian columns arranged in Doric order, McKim, Mead and White’s Pennsylvania Station combined glass-and-steel train sheds and a magnificently proportioned concourse with a...

23 June 2009

1880 – Chestnut Hill Station, New York & Greenwood Lake Railway

Architect: Maurice B. Adams

22 June 2009

1877 – New Church at Penycae, North Wales

Architect: Aston Webb

22 June 2009

Limerick’s Thomond Park wins architecture award

The Limerick architects who designed Thomond Park have scooped a prestigious Irish architecture award this morning. The redeveloped stadium designed by Murray O’Laoire Architects was announced live on RTE’s Morning Ireland radio programme...

22 June 2009

1880 – St. Mary Magdalen’s College, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: Bodley & Garner “We give illustrations of these important new buildings. One is a bird’s-eye view, showing the new buildings completed. At present the south and east elevations only are being carried...