Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
22 June 2009

1873 – The Digby Mortuary Chapel, Sherbourne, Dorset

Architect: Slater & Carpenter Published in The Building News 1872. Architectural partnership formed between William Slater & Richard Herbert Carpenter in 1863 and continuing until Slater’s death in 1872. “…the West Door of...

22 June 2009

1873 – Church of St. John, Moordown, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: George Edmund Street Published in The Building News, August 29 1873: “One of our lithographic illustrations represents the church of S. John, Moordown, Bournemouth, which has recently been erected by funds raised...

22 June 2009

1892 – Church of St. Saviour, Newtown, Dorset

Architect: Romaine-Walker & Tanner

22 June 2009

1884 – ‘Gablehurst’, Branksome Park, Poole, Dorset

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield

22 June 2009

1905 – Thompson Memorial Library, Vassar College, Ploughkeepsie, New York

Architect: Allen & Collins When Vassar opened in 1865, the library was a mere single room in Main with a collection of only three thousand books. In 1893 Frederick Ferris Thompson, a Vassar...

22 June 2009

1876 – High Meadow, Claughton, Cheshire

Architect: G.E. Grayson Perspective View incuding plans published in The Building News, October 13th 1876.

22 June 2009

1876 – Schools & Residence, Tylers Green, Buckinghamshire

Architect: Arthur Vernon

21 June 2009

Corson, George (1829-1910)

George Corson was born in Dumfries in 1829, the son of James Corson, Provost 1831-33. He was articled to Walter Newall of Dumfries, and at the end of his articles in 1849 moved...

19 June 2009

Architecture of Havana, Cuba

Havana, formerly named Villa de San Cristóbal de La Habana. is the capital of Cuba. The city also forms one of the 14 provinces of Cuba. With a city population of more than...