1864 – Design for Wesleyan Chapel & Residence, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones

The church as illustrated was largely completed with the exception of the residence. The small tower was completed but later removed.

1868 – Mount St. Joseph Convent of Mercy, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Harte & Stirling / O’Neill & Byrne

The Convent of Mercy opened June 9th 1868 with a later extension by Harte &

1860 – Holy Trinity Church, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: J.J. McCarthy

“This building — of which we give an illustration — was consecrated on the 3rd ult by the Most Rev.

1895 – Design for Hospital, Omagh, Co. Tyrone

Competition entry for a new area hospital for Omagh. Submitted under the pseudonym “Modern Requirements”.

1861 – Holy Cross Convent, Kenmare, Co. Kerry

Architect: Charles F. Hansom

The convent which opened in 1861 closed in the mid 1990s and has since been demolished.

1896 – Nos. 29 -31 Donegall Street, Belfast

Architect: William Batt

Still largely intact with the exception of the ground floor shop facade and original glazing. “A description of these premises appeared in our issue of 15th Nov.

1896 – Design for Villa, Ratoath, Co. Meath

Architect: Anthony Scott

“Our illustration with present number is of a new residence proposed to be erected at Jamestown,

1896 – Design for Church, Castlemaine, Co. Kerry

Architect: Walter G. Doolin

Alternative design for church which Doolin was designing for Castlemaine. The design constructed opened in 1900.

1896 – Proposal for Town Hall & Market House, Thurles

Architect: Walter G. Doolin

Unbuilt competition entry for a new town hall. The competition was won by Joseph F.

1895 – Winstanley Memorial Hall, Cornmarket, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling

A parochial hall for St Audoen’s parish, built with legacy from Dublin Corporation Alderman Winstanley and his widow.