Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
24 June 2009

1878 – New Bank for Messrs. Pinckney Bros., Salisbury, Wiltshire

Architect: H. Hall Everett & Co. first opened a bank in Salisbury in 1811, situated in the Old Weavers’ Hall, Endless Street. After changes in ownership it became known as Pinckney Brothers in...

24 June 2009

1878 – Holy Cross Church, Seend, Wiltshire

Architect: Arthur T. Style Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, March 1st 1878.

24 June 2009

1873 – Savernake Cottage Hospital, Marlborough, Wiltshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

24 June 2009

1905 – New School, Fersdale Road, Swindon, Wiltshire

Architect: Nicholls & Stockwell

24 June 2009

1879 – Public Fountain, Chippenham, Wiltshire

Architect: W. Galsworthy Davie Illustration showing plans, sections & details and published in The Building News, January 10th 1879. “Th« design which we illustrate is by Mr. W. Galsworthy Davie, architect, and was...

24 June 2009

1883 – Vicarage, South Wraxall, Wiltshire

Architect: Weaver & Adye

24 June 2009

1901 – British Schools, Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Architect: Silcock & Reay “This building, illustrated from the drawing now at file Royal Academy, has been designed to accommodate 420 children, but at present only a portion of the scheme has been...

24 June 2009

1883 – Lecture Hall, Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Architect: Weaver & Adye

24 June 2009

Godwin, Edward William (1833-1886)

A progressive British architect-designer, who began working in the strongly polychromatic “Ruskinian Gothic” style of mid-Victorian Britain, inspired by The Stones of Venice, then moved on to provide designs in the “Anglo-Japanese taste”...