1863 – City Factory, Patrick St., Derry

Architect: Young & Mackenzie

Occupying one side of the street, this large shirt factory of three storeys and a massive twenty-four bays was one of Derry’s “magnificent five”.

1899 – Star Factory, Foyle Rd., Derry

Architect: Daniel Conroy

One of “the magnificent five” shirt factories of Derry, and built for the Messrs. Bayer Company.

1851 – Albert Agricultural College, Glasnevin, Dublin

Low key design for what was intended as an important component in modernising Ireland’s agriculture industry in the 19th century. Originally intended to be a model school,

1859 – Munster Model Farm, Cork

Architect: Frederick Darley

Also known as the Munster Institute, a large 9-bay, 2-storey farm residence with farm buildings behind.

1891 – Sheil Hospital, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal

Architect: William H. Byrne

“The ceremony of laying the foundation stone was performed early in October last by Miss Sheil,

1890s – Findlater’s, Nos.30-31 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan

Former store belonging to the celebrated Dublin grocery chain Alex Findlater & Co. Extended over many years into the adjacent buildings.

1954 – F.W. Woolworth, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: Harold Winbourn

Former F.W. Woolworth store, later converted into public offices for Department of Social Welfare, and again back into retail space.

1925 – Greenville Hall, South Circular Road, Dublin.

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke

Former synagogue now in use as offices. Built on the site of Greenville House, which along with its demesne was sold in the 1870s.

1935 – Player Wills, South Circular Rd., Dublin

Architect: Beckett & Harrington

Built in 1935 as a factory for Player Wills tobacco, the building remained in use until manufacturing moved out of Ireland in 2005.

1931 – Wiggins Teape, East Wall Dublin

Architect: Samuel Stevenson & Sons

Originally a factory for Fry-Cadbury and later Wiggins Teape, this large 1930s complex was demolished in 2001.