Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
19 June 2009

1910 – Estate Cottages, Burton Manor, Cheshire

Architect: Harry Stuart Goodhart-Rendel

19 June 2009

1870 – Church of SS. Peter & Paul, Helsby, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas St Paul’s Church was built in 1869-70 and consecrated on 28th July 1870. The building was erected from funds donated by local subscription. Sited just at the foot of Helsby...

19 June 2009

1905 – Colshaw Hall, Cheshire

Architect: Douglas & Minshull

19 June 2009

1873 – Agents House, Ruloe, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas Perspective view including ground plan of design for G.F. Wilbraham esq. and published in The Building News, November 14th 1873. “This house has recently been erected by George F. Wilbraham,...

19 June 2009

1884 – New Parliament, Vienna, Austria

Architect: Baron Theophil Edvard von Hansen An Imperial Commission was appointed to study the building of the Parliament in the early 1860s. After studying rival proposals, the Imperial Commission chose Theophil von Hansen’s...

17 June 2009

Nicholl, Samuel Joseph

Samuel Joseph Nicholl practised in Kentish Town, London.

17 June 2009

Koch, Alexander (1848 -1911)

Alexander Koch was born in Zurich in 1848. From 1867 until 1870 he attended the architectural school at Eidgenöss, Switzerland from which he obtained a place in the office of Gottfried Semper in...

17 June 2009

RIAI unveils 35 projects shortlisted for Irish Architecture Awards

Wexford Opera House, Thomond Park in Limerick and two ground-breaking social housing schemes in Dublin’s inner city are among the 35 projects shortlisted for this year’s Irish Architecture Awards. Announced yesterday by the...

16 June 2009

Leeming & Leeming

John Leeming (born 1849) and Joseph Leeming (born 1850) were sons of Alfred Leeming of Halifax and were articled to Charles Frederick Luke Horsfall in Halifax, the former in 1865 and the latter...