1891 – Sheil Hospital, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal
“The ceremony of laying the foundation stone was performed early in October last by Miss Sheil,
1890s – Findlater’s, Nos.30-31 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin
Former store belonging to the celebrated Dublin grocery chain Alex Findlater & Co. Extended over many years into the adjacent buildings.
1954 – F.W. Woolworth, Thomas Street, Dublin
Former F.W. Woolworth store, later converted into public offices for Department of Social Welfare, and again back into retail space.
1925 – Greenville Hall, South Circular Road, Dublin.
Former synagogue now in use as offices. Built on the site of Greenville House, which along with its demesne was sold in the 1870s.
1935 – Player Wills, South Circular Rd., Dublin
Built in 1935 as a factory for Player Wills tobacco, the building remained in use until manufacturing moved out of Ireland in 2005.
1931 – Wiggins Teape, East Wall Dublin
Originally a factory for Fry-Cadbury and later Wiggins Teape, this large 1930s complex was demolished in 2001.
1926 – Mitchell’s Hotel, Nos 9-11 Grafton St., Dublin
Constructed as a new hotel in the mid 1920s, and later contained a fashionable restaurant at street level.
1880 – Belfast Royal Academy, Cliftonville Rd., Belfast
A rather dour school building in a late Gothic style, finished in Scrabo stone. The Academy was founded in 1785 by Rev.
1925 – Annaghkilly Railway Viaduct, Co. Monaghan
Only the gaunt steel supports of this railway viaduct now stand – both the track bed and the railway embankments having been cleared since the line closed.
1891 – Garrison NCO Mess, McKee Barracks, Dublin
Garrison NCO Mess standing apart from the main ranges of the former Marlborough Barracks.