Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1738

03 February 2015

1738 – St. Finn Barre’s Cathedral, Cork

Built to replace a decaying medieval cathedral, it retained the tower and spire of the old cathedral. Completed in 1738, it was demolished in 1865 to make way for the present cathedral by...

13 December 2013

1739 – Frescati House, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Built for the provost of Trinity College, John Hely Hutchinson, it was later acquired in the 1750s by the Fitzgerald dukes of Leinster. rescati became one of their three principal residences alongside Leinster...

21 February 2010

1738 – Newman House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Like Iveagh House further along St Stephen’s Green, Newman House is obviously two houses planted together due to the lack of a unifying facade. The smaller house (No. 85) was...

21 January 2010

1738 – Ardgillan Castle, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Originally an 18th century house with a two storey bow fronted centre and single storey wings. In the early 19th century, the central bow was raised a story and castellated as was the...