Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1740

07 January 2010

1740 – The Alleys, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Behind St Peter’s Church of Ireland are these attractive houses built as a refuge for widows of clergy. There are four terraces of houses, each house of four bays and two storeys. The...

31 December 2009

1740 – Powerscourt House, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard Cassels Just outside the village of Enniskerry, Powerscourt Estate dates from the mid-eighteenth century. The house was built for Richard Wingfield, a descendant of Sir Richard Wingfield, and a member of...

14 December 2009

1740 – Tyrone House, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Cassels designed this Dublin town house for Marcus Beresford, Earl of Tyrone, in Marlborough Street between 1740 and 1745. A fine example of Cassels’ robust sober style. The central Venetian...

11 November 2009

1740 – Former Archbishop’s Palace, Limerick

Formerly the home of the Protestant bishop of Limerick, this is a fine house with central door, five bays. The house is currently occupied by Limerick Civic Trust, and visitors are welcome. A...